OnePlus buds in 2021- Review
Oneplus is really getting back to its roots to give a fabulous product at a cheaper price. We all know that Oneplus isn’t a new player in the audio segment and in the past it has made its presence felt with bullet earphones which are still popular in the market. However, OnePlus Nord starts a new chapter for the company that has a way to revolutionize the midrange premium smartphone segment in India. Can it do the same with Oneplus buds truly wireless earphone category, let’s find the answer for this question?
Oneplus buds bring a host of features for its customers and is a good competitor for Apple AirPods. Oneplus Buds is the best AirPods alternative for people who own an OnePlus device and having a budget around 5000. So without wasting more time let’s get into the specs and decide whether you should buy it or not?
- Oneplus Buds case looks better then Apple AirPods case, it feels premium despite its simplest look. Moreover it has better grip and doesn’t slip while holding. The earpiece design looks a lot like AirPods Pro. But, we find the smooth plastic earbuds more comfortable and secure.
- They come in three colours: white and gray available worldwide. Europe and India getting a striking pale blue option in a blue and green case that is made to match the blue OnePlus Nord phone.
- The buds offer fast pairing with Oneplus phones. When I first opened the case, my Oneplus Nord automatically detected the earphones and paired with the single tap. While other Android phones will use the usual Bluetooth pairing process. Now coming to the range I got greater wireless range than expected. On Bluetooth spec sheet, Oneplus had quoted it will give 30 feets of range, But, while listening to the music we can get upto 40-50 feets of range which is very good range for a pair of Bluetooth earbuds.
- OnePlus claims 10 hours of batter life (single) and additional two more charges in the case. But while testing I found that it lasts till 8 hours which is still pretty decent for this category. 10 minutes charge to the case adds 100 minutes of playback, while a full charge takes a bit more than an hour.
- At this price point we have something to lose and those are the touch controls. OnePlus buds have no physical volume control, the primary on-device controls that you get is double tap. In which you can change the tracks, but if you remove an earbud your music stops and if you put back on the music resumes. All thanks for adding IR sensors.
- If you are OnePlus device owner then you can customize the left & right earbuds. You can fast forward, play or pause the music or to launch Google assistant & having all these we have pretty much great but if you don’t own a OnePlus phone, you can’t set these functions.
- I personally had a great time testing OnePlus buds. Coming to the sound quality, OnePlus buds is a solid performer and you won’t get disappointed while you are listening to the music or while on calls. OnePlus buds offers a decent bass and it balances the highs and lows during a track effortlessly.
- It’s worth mentioning that OnePlus buds in audio performance are really impressive. It the 13.44 mm dynamic drivers which delivers punchy sound and the Dolby Atmos offers a great stereo experience. The buds comes with an active noise cancellation which helps to reduce the noise by using it’s secoundary microphones. OnePlus buds will not disappoint you while gaming, if you are OnePlus device owner the buds comes with low latency that syncs with Fnatic mode.
- OnePlus device users gets an additional dedicated setting for the buds which shows the charge – which includes two buds and a case. There’s also a “find device” option from which you can the know the last location of the buds where you have left them last time. This may not be soo useful, but it’s good to have such features. OnePlus buds also have an IPX4 rating which makes it splash resistant which is good enough for daily use.
Is it worth buying the OnePlus Buds in 2021? :-
The buds are an excellent option for existing OnePlus users as they get an additional set of features. This is a solid performer as it offers a good sound quality during both music playback and calls. The main advantage of the buds is the long battery life and the fast charging support. Moreover the half-in-ear design has fits pretty good for most of us. At this price point the OnePlus Buds has a greater lead over Oppo Enco W51, JBL C100, boAt Airdopes 431 and the Mi True Wireless earphones 2.