Oxygen OS 10.5.11 on OnePlus Nord
- After launching N10 and N100 and giving them the latest security updates, OnePlus is back again in the game by launching a fresh update for its Nord users. OnePlus has released stable oxygen OS 10.5.11, it has been rolling out for the OnePlus Nord users. This update mainly brings system stability improvements along with January 2021 security patches. It’s a little strange that the OnePlus Nord is getting a month-old security patch. While its budget-friendly sibling, Nord N10, is already on the most recent February 2021 patch level.
The main updates are as follows:-
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.01
- Improved system stability
As this being a minor update, and there are no new features or improvements to talk about. It’s still based on Android 10. The much-awaited Android 11 update is currently under development for the device, and if you’re interested, you can try it out right now by joining the link given.
- As per the official changelog, the Oxygen OS 10.5.11 update brings the January 2021 Android security patch alongside improved system stability. This means that you shouldn’t expect any notable changes coming through the latest software version. This update also doesn’t bring a new Android OS version as it will still be on Android 10.
- The Oxygen OS 10.5.11 update for OnePlus is currently rolling out in phases, OnePlus announced through a forum post on Tuesday. The update is initially reaching a small percentage of users, with its broader rollout coming in a few days. You can check for the update on your OnePlus Nord by going to Settings> System > System update.
The company is supposed to release the Android 11 update for nine more smartphones, while the first Android 12 preview is already out.