Microsoft has officially announced Windows 11 on 24th of June 2021.
With Windows 11, Microsoft brings in a whole new set of features to your PC. The new software will let Android apps run on the Windows desktop, also there are other changes including updates to Microsoft Teams and changes in the start menu. The overall look of the interface has also changed and a resemblance to Mac.
Given all the excitement around Windows 11, if you want to experience it first hand then, here is all you need to know.
- Processor: 1GHz or faster with two or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor.
- Storage: 64 GB or greater available storage is required to install Windows 11.
Additional storage space might be required to download updates and enable specific features.
- RAM: 4GB or greater.
- Graphics card: Compatible with DirectX 12 or later, with a WDDM 2.0 driver.
- TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0.
- System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable.
- Display: High definition (720p) display, 9″ or greater monitor, also with 8 bits per colour channel.
- Internet connection: Internet connectivity is necessary to perform updates, also to download and use some features.
°Windows 11 Home edition requires an Internet connection and also a Microsoft Account to complete device setup on first use.
Note: Things to keep in mind before updating to Windows 11.
This is a Developer phase update. So you could see some bugs, glitches, lags, etc.
The stable version of Windows 11 will arrive in October 2021.
Here are some guides to update your PC to Windows 11 without any data loss.
Step 1 – Open settings on your PC.
Step 2 – Go to windows updates & click on Windows Insider Program.
Step 3 – Sign in with your Microsoft Account.
Step 4 – Select Dev Channel & restart your PC.
Step 5 – After restarting, check for updates in settings, you would have received Windows 11 Insider Program build update.
That’s it! Now you can enjoy running Windows 11 on your PC.